Established in 2006, JewelryZip.com aims to be the leading jewelry web directory. Our directory is built on cross-referenced categories allowing the user to search both by subject and by location.
Our mission is to help business and professional searchers find what they are looking for. We have developed our directory with this philosophy in mind. Our long term goal is to produce the web's largest and most comprehensive web directory.
JewelryZip.com provides information about diamond jewelry, gold, bead & gemstone, bracelets, body jewelry, watches, retail & wholesale jewelry, charm, jewelry designers.
If you have questions or comments about this website or the services we provide please Click here to contact us.
Facts about Jewelry:
- In 1810 Napoleon Bonaparte presented his Empress Marie Louise with a wedding gift - a breathtaking crown of diamonds and turquoise. Originally the crown was made up of diamonds and emeralds, but Napoleon arranged to have all 79 emeralds removed and replaced with turquoise prior to giving the crown to Marie Louise.
- Throughout the centuries various cultures have believed that turquoise jewelry brings luck and possesses a variety of powers, including the ability to promote wealth, attract love, and bring happiness.
- The word "turquoise" is believed to have been derived from the French term "pierre turquoise" which means "stone of Turkey" or the German term "turkisher steins" which means "Turkish stones".
- Turquoise is formed, over a span of millions of years, by a chemical reaction that occurs when water leaks through rocks which contain specific minerals such as copper and aluminum. The percentages of those various minerals in the rock dictate the gemstone's shade.
- In 17th century England, turquoise jewelry were a must for gentlemen. It was the sign of a well-dressed gentleman.
Ben Bridge Jeweler
Ben Bridge Jeweler invites you into the wonderful world of fine jewelry and the special memories that a gift of jewelry creates.
Evil Pawn Jewelry
Evil Pawn Jewelry by Faith Evangeline is a fusion of antique, vintage, goth, bohemian, glamour, old costume and native american styles. Home of the Cameo Skull© and 'justable jewelry.
Welcome to Park Lane Jewelry | Park Lane Jewelry
Founded in Chicago in 1955, Park Lane Jewelry, is the world's leading direct sales jewelry party plan company, we proudly offer exceptional quality jewelry that is backed by an unconditional guarantee.